1. During the holidays, Bryant Park in NYC turns into this super amazing winter wonderland type deal, equipped with outdoor skating rink, and booths with vendors selling all kinds of neat stuff. We wandered for quite awhile through there, and came across a booth selling these awesome pouches. They are made by Pamela Barsky, and they are awesome. There were so many that I wanted – so many witty phrases, but after about 20minutes or so I finally decided on the one above. Sorry not sorry about the language. You should definitely visit her Etsy shop, they make great gifts! I also love this one , this one, this one , and this one.
2. I saw the movie Best Of Me last night and I hate that I loved it. I’m one of those people who likes to act all tough, like I don’t like romance and love is gross blah blah blah. I’m pretty good at it most of the time, but put a romantic Nicholas Sparks movie in front of me and I’m toast. It’s ridiculous. James Marsden is in this movie, and he has scruffy facial hair, so basically that should be all the incentive you need to go see this movie.
3. Today is my first day back to work in two weeks and I am sort of excited about it. I’m glad I took two days off after I got back, but I am ready to get back into a solid routine. Travelling is my favorite, but routine is what makes me productive. Also, paid vacation does not exist when you are self employed so I best be getting to paying for all the crap I bought in New York.
4. Speaking of crap I bought, I bought this AMAZE winter coat at Old Navy that I am so in love with I want to wear it everywhere. I’ve been looking for a longer, puffy winter coat for awhile and I’m glad I finally landed it. Plus, it was only $60 during their outerwear sale. Hell Yes. Joe Fresh was also like walking into heaven. I got this sweater, and a few tshirts & a skirt – all for under $60. I also purchased makeup at Sephora for the first time ever. Does that make me a girl now? I’m really, really bad at that kind of thing and would really love it if someone would come dress me & put my makeup on every morning. Please and thank you.
5. I’m trying really, really hard to not go into full holiday mode until atleast next week but it’s SO HARD. Last year I wrote exams until Dec.20th so I really didn’t get to do much Christmas related stuff so I am beyond excited to celebrate all December long with as much holiday related fun as possible, but I also don’t want to start to early and feel like I’m dragging it out? You know? Such a first world problem. I’ve got Idina Menzel’s Christmas album all downloaded, and just sitting in my itunes, torturing me. And I came across this music video for her version of Baby It’s Cold Outside with Michael Buble and I almost died. Michael Buble is my FAVE and this video is just beyond adorable.
Also, my parents have a rule of no Christmas decorations before December 1st, so there’s that.
6. These are hilarious. My personal fave?
7. I got to meet Kaitlin for lunch while I was in NYC, and she was the sweetest. Truth: I was super nervous, because I always am when I meet new people, but especially because it was the first time I’ve ever met a blogger friend! Anyone who introduces themselves with a hug is a winner in my books, and we had a great chat over lunch. I’d now like to meet all of you wonderful people so if y’all could hop on a plane and get your butts here to Nova Scotia that’d be graaaaand.
8. Pretty sure my first real NYC recap, aside from this weird word vomit thing I posted yesterday, will be about all the amazing food we ate while we were there. Typical, right? I already miss NYC food, and would KILL for Blue Bottle coffee right now.
9. Uhm, can we talk about Scandal for a hot minute? Freakin’ Papa Pope is KILLIN’ ME. It’s the way he delivers those long speeches, his diction, that just kill me. Joe Morton is a great actor, he really makes the character great. Mellie can’t catch a break can she? I was kinda liking the VP, he seemed pretty decent. I also feel like there is this weird storyline that I haven’t quite figured out yet. Like WTF is actually happening with that Liz lady, and that guy Quinn & Huck were staking out? So confusing. HTGAWM is great. As expected. Haven’t watched Grey’s yet, but apparently it was really good? The previous week wasn’t the greatest, but that’s pretty much expected with Grey’s. The Good Wife is still my fave. It’s just so good. Alicia’s speech to Peter in the back of the cab? Stop banging the help? Fucking ace. YOU GO GIRL. And if Alicia & Finn could just get together already that’d be great, thank you. The Mindy Project got picked up for the full season, so that made my life last week. I’ve got Ariel hooked on it now, which is literally a miracle because she’s not into women lead shows at ALL, so if she likes it, most anyone would.
#TGIT! Have a good one guys 🙂
What is your fave show right now?
Have you started Christmas shopping yet? What’s your fave Christmas album?