Happy Thinking Out Loud Thursday to you all! Putting this up a little later than usual – but better late than never right?!
1. Officially 13 days until I leave for New York. I am so beyond excited it’s unreal. Ariel and I spent a couple hours on Saturday making a list of things we want to do, and most importantly, places we want to eat. I am so excited to eat ALL the food you guys. Aaaand I am super excited to meet a blog friend in real life for the first time! I have a meet up with Kaitlin planned and I cannot wait!
2. Yes, I, like every other person in the world, has had 1989 on repeat since Monday. I’m really loving the change to pop, to be honest, and I’m loving the whole “I have no interest in boys, I’d rather focus on my girlfriends and career right now” thing she’s got going on. I can relate, TSwizzle, I can relate. My favorite songs off the album (I love them all actually) would have to be Blank Space, Clean, and Wonderland.
3. I’m super excited to celebrate Halloween for the first time in a couple years. Last year I was in Florida, so I didn’t get to dress up and that makes me sad. This year I really wanted to be a witch from Hocus Pocus ( The SJP one, obvs), but lack of time to put together a costume eliminated that one. Ariel and I are going simple and being glow stick ladies. The part we are going to is a blacklight party, so we had to have something white or neon/glowing. I’m making Halloween themed cookies tomorrow and I am oddly excited about it. I just love holiday related crap.
4. It has rained for seven days straight here. SEVEN DAYS. I think I’ve seen the sun for a total of an hour over the past week. This weather is the WORST and it needs to STOP. It’s also fluctuating between muggy/humid and freezing cold. It’s totally ruining the end of fall for me. I hope to Jesus the weather is good in New York while we are there.
5. I went to a group fitness class the other week for the first time in literally forever. I can’t even remember the last time I did a group fitness class, and I looooved it. I plan on going whenever my schedule allows me. However, the BEST part about the whole thing was getting to snuggle my friends Chow puppy beforehand. Isn’t she the CUTEST?!
6. Amy Poehler’s book, Yes Please, came out on Tuesday, and I’m kind of regretting pre-ordering it on Amazon because I’m apparently not going to receive it until November 4th and I’m kinda not okay with it. If this article is any indication, it’s going to exceed my expectations.
7. I’m currently reading Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso and Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham. I’d recommend both. I’ve actually taken the time to write down quite a few excerpts from Girl Boss, it’s that good. And Lena is just hilarious, candid, and just plain weird. It’s lovely and refreshing.
8. Let’s talk TV. Scandal is just starting to get crazy. It hasn’t been really crazy this season I’ve found, until last episode. Shit is starting to get cray. I’m looking forward to Mellie starting to get her shit together. I know her son died and all, but I need more from her storyline aside from cereal eating and bathrobes and Uggs. I’m still loving How To Get Away With Murder, I like how the story is starting to unfold and becoming easier to follow. I think it’s one of those shows that needs awhile to really get it’s feet under it. Grey’s is good. It makes me sad though. The episode from two weeks ago, the one with Merediths mother, was by far my favorite episode from the last few seasons. It reminded me of the old Grey’s, and I loved that. I’m starting to catch up on this season of Parenthood, and I’ve bawled both times. That show KILLS me. Which is saying a lot because I don’t usually cry. The Good Wife is by FAR the best show I’m watching right now. It’s just so, so good. The writing, acting, editing, just everything about it is spectacular. It’s the show I pay the most attention to minute details in, I just want to absorb everything.
9. This. X10.
10. There is a new Marcel The Shell. If you don’t know what that is, I’m not sure we can be friends. Be a dear and watch the first one. Makes me smile!
And with that, I leave you with the following question: WHAT ARE YOU DRESSING UP AS FOR HALLOWEEN?
I truly believe you are never too old to dress up.
Happy Scandal Thursday everyone!