I’m going to switch over and do a Thinking Out Loud Thursday post today instead of Blogtober! Blogtober’s prompt was favorite Halloween costume, and I didn’t have any time to go through my old photos of Halloween costumes from when I was a kid, so I’m going to join Amanda today and ramble about a whole bunch of nonsense.
1. I totally scored reserved tickets to see a taping of Late Night with Seth Meyers when I am in New York in November!! We tried to get Jimmy Fallon tickets but, as expected, they sold out within the 30seconds it took us to get to the website. Sad face. However, I’m still excited to see a taping of Late Night, because as you all know, I’ve got a huge crush on Seth Meyers. Just a little over a month left until our trip!!!
2. Has everyone seen Gone Girl yet? If you haven’t, you should! I read the book a few months back and adored it, so I had high hopes for the movie and I was not disappointed! I found it stayed pretty true to the book, and it definitely gave me the suspensful, creepy feeling I had when I read the book! The soundtrack was a key player in that, and Rosamund Pike was delightfully creepy. That bedroom scene?! Even though I knew it was coming, it totally caught be by surprise. Speaking of movies, you should also go see This Is Where I Leave You!! The casting is perfect, and the acting is fantastic. I haven’t read the book but this movie really made me feel all the feelings, if you know what I mean. I almost went to see it twice, but the night I went to see it the second time, the projector wasn’t working so I ended up seeing Gone Girl instead. So yes, go see it!
3. As for TV, I watched a couple new pilots over the weekend that I really enjoyed, Bad Judge (with Kate Walsh) and A to Z (with people I’ve never heard of). I wasn’t expecting to like A to Z, but it really surprised me. I’m not usually one for really cutesy TV shows, but this is quirky yet cute, and drew me in. I’m not sure how long it will last, but I’ll keep watching! Bad Judge was pretty funny, I’m interested to see where it goes. I love Kate Walsh, she plays the character really well. Any pilots you guys have watched and recommend? Besides How To Get Away With Murder of course! I’m really loving that show, Shonda really can do no wrong.Except for the special effects on Grey’s this year…they need to fix that shit ASAP. This is a really (albeit a bit long) interview with Shonda that I found interesting. I love that she really, truly, takes shit from no one, yet is respectful at the same time. This is another article I read earlier this week that I loved, which examines how Alicia Florrick’s (Good Wife, duhhh) campaign is going to make for an interesting season. Last week’s episode was particularly good writing & editing. I’m such a nerd when it comes to that kind of thing!
4. Dragging myself away from movies and TV for a second…School, Work, school, sleep is pretty much my everyday routine. I’m forcing myself to take a slower week next week, including taking next Friday off because otherwise I’m gonna run myself straight into the ground! I’ve noticed that I’ve felt overwhelmed for about a month now, so something needs to change. I love being busy, but making time for yourself is just as important. It’s Thanksgiving this weekend over here in Canada land so I’m looking forward to a Friendsgiving, and hopefully just chilling the eff out for a bit. If this scene from last Friday repeated itself, I wouldn’t be mad!
Truth: The time of year in which I get to watch Hocus Pocus is the BEST. Mildly obsessed with that movie.
5. And, I have to keep this post on the shorter side because I am running out of time this morning! I chose an extra 20minutes of sleep instead of writing a long blog post, sue me!
What was the last movie you saw?