Hi!! Happy Thursday!
Can we take a second to acknowledge how I’ve been absolutely nailing the whole blogging thing this week?! 4 posts in a row baby. Give me an award or something! K thanks.
It seems like its been forever since I’ve done a Thinking Out Loud Thursday, and at work today I realized how much shit I want to ramble about today. Thanks again to Amanda for hosting! Ready for randomness?!
1. First off, Scandal is on tonight, as I discussed yesterday. I’m already dreaming of this evening, glass of Bailey’s in hand, anxiously awaiting for Olivia Pope to come back into my life. SNL Promos were also released yesterday and I realized how freaking excited I am for Chris Pratt to host. I love that man.
I also really love Kate McKinnon.
That reminds me, I had a client today who asked me what I was going to be doing in New York, and I briefly mentioned that I would love to get tickets to a taping of Jimmy Fallon and he said he didn’t like Jimmy Fallon. It took every ounce of self control not to freak out. WHO DOESN’T LIKE JIMMY FALLON?! He’s had so many good videos lately!
sidenote: uhmmm how awesome was Barbra Streisand last week?! Maybe that makes me 60 years old or something for saying I love Barbra Streisand but damn she was great.
TURN DOWN FOR TUT
Basically everything Jimmy does is hilarious and you should watch the show every single day.
2. Despite my absolutely insane schedule right now, I’ve made the time to go for quite a few gallops in the field. Both solo and with Ariel. There’s nothing like coming home from a long day and saddling up and just chilling out for a bit. No better way to clear my head.
3. My brother turned 17 last Wednesday. SEVENTEEN. We are five years, two days apart, and always been super close. I’m a lucky girl to have a brother like him.
4. My Aunt got me this Grumpy Cat mug for my birthday and it cracked me up. She is literally a crazy cat lady, and I love her for it. Ignore the fact I desperately need a mani & my arm looks like a man’s arm.
5. Speaking of Grumpy Cat, did you see that Aubrey Plaza is going to be the voice of Grumpy Cat in a Lifetime movie?! I’m not sure why a Grumpy Cat movie is necessary, but I cannot think of a more perfect person to voice it.
6. I’m doing the tour de New France this weekend! I think I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m doing a 20km mountain bike race with Ariel & her paramedic friends this coming Saturday. While Ariel and I have been training all summer, we did a practice trail ride as a group last Friday morning. Holy. Hell. Ariel and I have mostly been doing road training, with a few dirt roads thrown in there. However, the ride last Friday was INSANE terrain. I felt like I was literally rock climbing with my bike at times. It was a really beautiful ride though, a 12 km out and back trail, with the turn around point at a beautiful lake. I got SO muddy it was ridiculous! The picture doesn’t even do it justice. I can’t wait to see what kind of views New France will bring on Saturday, even if I am likely going to die.
7. We have literally only had one day of rain for the entire month of September. There have been a couple rainy nights, so we aren’t in a drought or anything, but the weather has just been beyond phenomenal. There is nothing better than waking up to sunshine every single day (even if I’m not loving the chillier weather), and beautiful sunsets every night. I. Love. Fall.
8. Speaking of fall, I laughed waaaay too hard at both of these.
9. I went running the other day for the first time in about a month. I had forgotten how much running hurts. I think I’ll get back into a regular running routine after this weekend. I have been biking a lot to try and prepare for New France, so running had fallen to the wayside. I’m still planning on running a half marathon at some point, but at this point I think I will end up waiting until next spring. I really, really wish I had a training buddy!
10. Ariel and I are planning on jumping headfirst into fall this weekend with a viewing of Hocus Pocus, pumpkin painting/carving and some sort of pumpkin recipe. I’m ready! We are also planning to go see This Is Where I Leave You this weekend, has anyone seen it? The cast is awesome, and it looks really good!
And that’s all I have to ramble about! There’s a 99% chance I won’t be posting tomorrow, so I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 🙂