1. Most importantly, Ariel and I finally booked our trip to New York! We initially had a billion issues with finding the right flights, but we finally got it all sorted out. We will be there from November 12th-17th! I am beyond excited. Seeing this email in my inbox yesterday morning made me smile really, really big.
If you know me at all, you’ll know that I have wanted to go to New York for a very, very long time. In fact, one of my very first posts here was about how badly I wanted to go to New York. I’m probably going to talk about my trip endlessly from now until I leave so here is your warning in advance!
2. New jam that got me through a rough day yesterday. Not even sorry, it’s so frigging catchy.
3. Obsessed with the show Suits right now. I don’t usually go for TV shows that have male lead characters for some reason, but this show has me hooked. Love me some Harvey Specter. Also, The Emmy’s are on this Monday night and I am SOO excited. Super excited for Seth Meyers to host, and you can bet your ass I’ll have a fashion/show recap up on Tuesday! I. Love. Award. Shows.
4. For the past week or so, the air has felt a lot cooler and it’s starting to feel like fall. I AM REJECTING THIS. Fall is my favorite season, but I am NOT ready for summer to be over. I’m not even remotely ready for cooler weather. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful, the warmest day we have had in a week or so, I happened to get off work really early, so I booted it to the beach for a really, really long walk. Best way to clear my head.
5. I started reading the Game of Thrones books – so hooked! It’s the first book I have read in a very long time, I’m so happy that I finally feel like reading again. I think school just totally burnt me out, it took me awhile to open another book! Has anyone read Girl Boss? I really want to read it, I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, I just have to buy it!
6. Still rolling with the only wash/brush my hair every three days thing. Hella low maintenance, which is excellent because I am lazy. The salon I run my massage therapy business out of is really big into Moroccan Oil products, thus meaning I have a ton of them and loooove them. I use the light oil treatment in my damp hair, and the frizz control mousse in my damp hair, throw it into a bun overnight, shake it out the next morning, hairspray and then I’m good to go for three days. The products are a little pricey, but totally worth it. The bottle of oil lasts be a good six + months, a little goes a loooong way.
7. I’m headed to Truro on Friday for a weekend long ball tournament. I went last year and it was a blast, so I’m praying to baby Jesus the weather holds up and we don’t end up playing in the pouring rain. Have I mentioned how much I love playing ball? because I really do.
I hope you all have a great day, and a fantastic weekend!
Are you ready for fall yet? Or are you still holding on to summer like me?!