I’m kind of laughing at myself for thinking that I would have so much extra time to blog and do other things once I finished school. If it’s possible, I’m pretty sure I am busier now than ever before! I swear I have intended to blog more, but it just hasn’t happened. Maybe I will get back in the swing of things next week, but for now let’s do Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
1. Truth: I have taken one single photo this week.
And that would be my romaine, kale, apple, lemon juice from Monday. Another truth: it tasted awful, but was what my body needed. I’m a bad blogger, I know.
2. Word of advice : do NOT substitute kale for spinach in a green smoothie. It tastes like ass, and it’s just not worth it.
3. I went running last Friday for the first time in well over two weeks, and I didn’t totally hate it. It was when I was in the city, which I think helped. It was nice to have a new route, with new scenery. I am planning on going for a run later this morning as well, so we shall see how it goes! Slowly, very slowly introducing running back into my life.
Watch Jimmy Fallon throw balls at Julia Roberts’ face. You’re welcome.
Then watch The Roots freak out while watching the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer thanks to a little something Jimmy threw in their. Hilarious!
Side note: It made me DEEPLY uncomfortable when the Fifty Shades trailer came out a few weeks ago and it was all over my facebook page. I did not really need to know how many of my facebook friends enjoyed those books. I’m no prude, but those books were not movie material, IMHO. AND the Christian Grey they chose isn’t even that attractive. Rant over.
5. Things I do enjoy right now? Country freaking music. I don’t know what it is about summertime, but it’s ALL I want to listen to. Favorites include:
I could go on and on…
I also LOVE Sam Smith’s new video for I’m Not The Only One. I love the whole album, even though it’s kind of heartbreaking.
6. One last youtube, I swear. The trailer for Into The Woods!! I can’t even. I have been SO excited for this since they announced that they were filming it…last year! So pumped. I’m such a Disney lover. And Meryl Streep! And Anna Kendrick!
7. I registered for September courses today. I cannot believe that I have less than a month before I have to start classes again. I know August is going to fly by, and I really, really need it not to. I really only have two weekends at home left, as the second to last weekend in August I am travelling for a big softball tournament, and then Labour Day weekend will be spent in PEI ( seeing SHANIA). I’m definitely going to make the most of these last two summer weekends at home. Beach, beers, sunshine, riding ponies.
8. I need to take the time to figure out what the eff I want to do with this blog. Some days I feel like completely re-doing it, getting rid of the wordpress. com in my url, doing the whole self hosting thing, etc. Other days I think I don’t want it to be anything more than what it currently is. Some days I have a million ideas in my head and other days I have no ideas whatsoever. Something tells me I am waaay overthinking this, as per usual, but that’s just what is happening in my head at the moment. If I ever figure it out, i’ll let y’all know 😉
This was quite possibly the most boring and uninteresting post ever, but it’s all I’ve got.
What are your weekend plans?
Does you taste in music change with the seasons? Favorite songs right now?! I need a new running playlist!