I know I said that my next post was going to be another Vegas recap but I’m going to save that for tomorrow’s post because I haven’t done a Thinking Out Loud Thursday in a couple weeks and I feel as though I have a lot of random things to talk about!
1. Predictably, I am going to start by talking about television. I caught up on most of my shows almost as soon as I got back from Vegas. Can I ask why my favorite characters keep getting killed off?!! I knew it was going to happen on Scandal, but man.. The Good Wife killed me this week. I was so taken by surprise I actually screamed at the television. Ariel happened to be at my house while I was watching it and she looked at me as if I had two heads. What can I say? I really get into my shows.
2. We had a huge blizzard yesterday. Like, 30 cm+ of snow, 100km/h winds blizzard. On MARCH 25TH. I’m really upset that it is still so cold here. Ariel and I have discussed moving to the West Coast multiple times a day, everday since we got back. It’s just not fair! Pretty much the entire province shut down, im pretty sure it was the worst storm we have had all winter. I was off work yesterday AND I had to reschedule my clients for today because we are so snowed in & my road has not been plowed. Insert angry face here.
3. On a running note, I had an amazing 7k run on Tuesday. It was kind of a “calm before the storm” day. Sunny skies, no wind for the first time since I came home, and it was chilly but not freezing. I kind of let exercise slide during vacation, I think I worked out maybe 4 times in eight days? I was worried I might have lost some running stamina, but was pleased that I didn’t totally feel like dying the entire time during my run. I don’t think I can bring myself to start running on the treadmill again, so I’m hoping this snow goes away quickly!
4. I am obsessed with cucumbers and cherry tomatos all of a sudden. I used to be the pickiest vegetarian in the world, I could count the number of vegetables I liked on my fingers, but all of a sudden I want ALL the veggies. It’s weird. You’re welcome for this completely useless knowledge about me.
5. Physics still makes me want to cry. I’ve made a pact with myself to do atleast an hour a day, no matter what. I find it easiest when I do a little everyday, so I don’t forget concepts/ equations. It’s a struggle guys, a real struggle. I am excited for my university friend’s to come home because I bribed one of them with coffee & donuts to be my physics tutor. All my other courses are going well though.
6. I started watching The Office this past weekend. It’s kind of odd I never watched it before, considering I’m such a comedy nerd and it is such a classic, but I love it. Also, i’m finally finished Season 1 of Orange Is The New Black, which is another good show. I’ve also heard a lot about the comedy Broad City, so I’m looking into that. House of Cards and True Detective are also on my ( extensive ) list. Are you guys sick of hearing me blab about tv yet? I just really want to watch tv and write about it. Is there such a job out there? Cause’ I would be alll over that!
7. Can’t stop reading Gone Girl!! The lovely Carrie sent me her copy, and I can’t put it down! It’s so good. I simultaneously want to just sit and finish it all yet also want to make it last as long as possible. I’m about 2/3 of the way finished! Highly recommend it!
I think that is all I have to ramble on about for now!
Is it still winter where you are?
Where are you taking your next vacation?
I’m looking for some new blogs to read! Share some of your favorites with me, please! 🙂;