I’m really glad that it is Thursday today because I feel as though I have so much to tell you guys! Therefore, be prepared for an extremely rambl-y, long, and mostly pictureless Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
1. I’m soooo excited to tell you that I’m officially signed up for a 10k race on May 18th!! I finally convinced my best friend to come up to Halifax with me. She’s going to run the 5k on Saturday and stick around to watch me run the 10k on Sunday! I’m already nervous about it to be honest. I will say that my running lately has been the most consistent it has ever been, but I need to actually start following some sort of plan instead of just randomly winging it. I know the course is going to be hilly, so I want to be well prepared for that! Regardless, i’m so excited 🙂
2. Yesterday also involved the planning of another adventure with my best friend! It was announced that Shania Twain is playing a concert in PEI on August 30th, and I almost died. Seeing Shania Twain live is a childhood dream of mine, and in the top 5 things to do on my bucket list. I was super bummed that she isn’t going to be playing in Vegas when I’m there, but this 100% makes up for it! PEI is a good 8-12 hour drive from where I live, but I’ve always wanted to go there and it is much easier than flying back out to Vegas when she resumes her concerts there! We have already booked our hotel room for that weekend in August, even though tickets don’t go on sale until next Friday. Excited doesn’t even begin to explain how I feel about it!
3. My friends were home for spring break last week, so that meant I spent multiple nights watching movies with everyone. Meaning I watched a total of 8 movies last week! I already mentioned the animated movies, but let’s take a minute to discuss the non- animated ones, shall we? First up, The Monuments Men. I went to see it in theatres, and while it definitely wasn’t the most exciting film i’ve ever seen in my life, I wasn’t bored at all. I found the historical aspect of it completely fascinating, and the cast was A+. George Clooney has what I’m calling the most perfect beard ever in the first 10 minutes of the film, so the movie could’ve been a disaster and I would still not regret paying ten bucks for a move ticket. I also rewatched American Hustle, which was just as good as the first time I watched it! Lastly, I went to the movies by myself on Tuesday night to see the film Philomena. This was the first time I had ever gone to the movies alone, and I must say it wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t the life changing experience that some Thought Catalog articles I have read make it out to be, but it was nice. I was the youngest person in the theatre by about three decades however, considering Philomena is a British film about a older woman who is searching for her son,who was was taken away from her by nuns in the 50s. As much as that description makes the movie sound bad, I promise it was good. Surprisingly witty, and while it was sad, it was very heartfelt. Made me feel all gooey inside 🙂 And everyone around me was crying at the end!
4. At this point I should probably just start an entirely separate blog where I can just talk about television & movies, but I have to say how excited I am that so many shows are finally starting to air new episodes this week!! Parks & Rec, Greys & Scandal come back tonight (!!!!), SNL comes back on Saturday, and I believe The Good Wife airs on Sunday! The Oscars are also on Sunday, which I am looking forward to! I usually find The Oscars are the most boring of the award shows, but since Ellen is hosting, I have high hopes! I will most likely do a Oscars recap on Monday, so if you’re not into that sort of thing, here is your warning! 😉
5. SAD update: I feel 1000x percent better this week than last week. I have been making a conscious effort to do little things that make me happy & get me outside more whenever possible. I’ve been lucky in that we have had a least half days of sunshine everyday this week, so even just a morning walk with the puppies has been setting my day off on the right foot! I also started taking Vitamin D, just to make up for to make up for the lack of sunshine this winter. Whether or not my improved mood is due to the placebo effect or actual results doesn’t matter to me, I’m just glad to feel more like myself again!
6. It’s NEDA week this week, which is extremely important to me and I believe it is worth a mention. I really went back and forth in my head as to whether or not I should write a full fledged post about it/ my story, and I am still undecided about it. I have the utmost respect and admiration for anyone who shares their story on their blog. Eating disorders are so personal, and painful, but I firmly believe in spreading awareness. The internet makes me feel so vulnerable, as anyone could read & judge me for what I write about my struggles.
And here we are, 950 words later…I think I have rambled about everything I had wanted to! Sorry about the extremely word heavy post, but I had so much that I wanted to chat about! I wonder what people did before they had blogs to write about all the thoughts swirling in their heads and could publish them for people on the Internet to read?
Have a wonderful day! 🙂
Last movie you watched ? Have you every gone to the movies by yourself?