Happy Monday everyone!
Maybe it is the fact I woke up way later than I wanted to, or maybe it’s because my coffee isn’t kicking in the way I wish it would, but I am struggling to wake the eff up today. Therefore, i’m gonna keep this fairly short and sweet, kay?
friday – sunrise in my backyard ( no filter!!)
i’ve started a tradition of visiting my grandmother on friday nights. we chat about everything & anything, and have started watching grey’s anatomy from the beginning. this is her kitty, satan. (kidding – her name’s maggie but i’m convinced she is the devil in cat form)
i had an amazing 8k run on saturday morning – the sun was shining, i felt awesome the whole time, and i look like an 8 year old in this photo.
I had made a promise to myself to not drink alcohol in january – a detox from the holidays if you so wish. saturday was february 1st, so I deemed it appropriate to welcome my sweet friend Bailey back into my life. She treated me well, I must say.
* things i don’t have pictures of, but happened this weekend :
– washing my best friends car at the self serve car wash in -10 degree weather.
– laughing so hard i spit my drink everywhere saturday night while watching the parks and rec gag reel’s with ariel (my bff )
– i was asleep by 11:30 both friday and saturday nights, and awake by 8:30 both saturday and sunday morning.
– i finished watching the good wife seasons on netflix – it should be noted i watched 90 episodes in one month. i’m not sure if I am proud of this or ashamed.
– caught up on last week’s SNL and discovered Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. I’ve yet to watch this week’s SNL but Jonah Hill’s episode was pretty damn awesome.
– had some serious real talk with ariel about the future, dreams, and life in general. this whole ” being in my twenties and not quite sure what im doing with my life or what’s going to happen to me” thing is really scary. i’ll probably write a whole post about it eventually but for now, this is pretty accurate :
All in all, a fantastic weekend, exactly what I needed. And no, I did not watch The Superbowl. I really want to like football, but I just haven’t found the right person to explain it to me yet. I’d really like to actually go to a game and experience it firsthand. So yeah, the highlight of The Superbowl for me was that new Budweiser commercial with the puppy and the horse. SO CUTE.
I guess this isn’t really a wordless weekend post, considering all my blabbing above, but I couldn’t think of another title, so I’m just going to roll with it 🙂
Have a fantastic monday!
Tell me about your weekend! Best part? Did you watch the Superbowl?
What TV show should I start watching now? I’ve got a list of potentials but I am always open to suggestions!