Also, happy last day of January! Thank baby Jesus, am I right? January is probably my least favorite month of the year. I really made an attempt to like it at the beginning, but by the middle of the month I was just about done. I will not be sad to see it go. A couple days before the New Year I shared my goals/resolutions/ whatever on Instagram . I figured, since it is the last day of January, I would go back over my list and see how I am doing so far! Tryin’ to keep myself accountable and all that good stuff!
– be more organized : well, I’d say that I am doing pretty well with this so far. I bought/have been using a planner, so that basically means i’m the most organized person on the planet, right? I’ve also made an effort to keep my room clean, and I even cleaned off my desk so I have an area to do my schoolwork in next week. Yep, patting myself on the back for this one.
– read 1 book a month // 100 movies in 2014 : done! I actually read two – Are All My Friends Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling and The Boook Thief by Markus Zusak. Hopefully I can keep this up despite starting school next week. Usually school = reading for pleasure goes out the window. I’m doing great on the movies front as well, i’ve been keeping a list and I have already watched 13 movies!
– write a bucket list : nope. not yet. completely forgot about it actually, until I look at that picture again. Maybe i’ll make this my goal for february? we will see.
– cook real meals more : check! Killin’ it in this category as well. I’ve discovered that I feel great satisfaction after eating a meal i’ve actually made an effort to prepare. Dare I say that cooking is kind of fun? Sometimes. Other times I’m completely satisfied with cereal for dinner.
– hug more, smile more, laugh more : I’ve kind of been in a funk for a large chunk of the month. I’m blaming it mainly on anxiety & the fact i haven’t seen the sun in forever. I seriously think I have SAD. Gotta work on this in February.
– less social media, more articles & blogs : while I am still fairly addicted to social media, I’ve discovered so many new blogs as of late that I loooove, and I’m basically reading everything I can get my hands on. Combined with blogging so much, I’ve been feeling super inspired lately!
– don’t be so afraid – less worry, more risks : hahaha nope. worry central over here. work in progress.
– work on balance, not perfection : I feel like this is starting to work itself out. Slowing starting to let go of my perfectionist tendencies. Easier said than done.
– take more photos & write more : Done! I’ve been on a major writing kick lately, which is unheard of for me, so I’m going with it. As I mentioned, I went out yesterday a took a bunch of photos.
– more adventures, more exploring : Yep! While winter makes this fairly difficult, any time there is even a hint of sunshine, I’ve found someway to be outside. I cannot wait for hiking weather!
– less negative self talk : ehhhh, up until this week, this wasn’t going so well. This week has been a pretty good week, but old habits are hard to break. Especially one that has been a habit for so many years!
– be present : kind of? There have been moments when i’ve consciously stepped back for a moment and really soaked in what was happening at that moment. And other times? Days have passed in complete blurs.
Going through these, and thinking hard about the past month, and writing everything down has made me realize i’m doing much better than I thought I did. Obviously, I still have a lot of work to do, but I made these goals for a year, and I didn’t really expect to accomplish everything within one month. I think I might do a monthly check in like this, just to keep myself on the right track.
** I apologize if there are any spelling errors/things that don’t make sense. I wrote this late last night and didn’t have the time today to edit it! 🙂
Have a beautiful weekend, everyone!